Guidelines for Worship
Worshiping together safely during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The following guidelines apply to outdoor worship at Trinity.
Currently, outdoor worship has been scheduled for July 12 & 26 and August 9 & 23.
- Households will maintain a 6’ distance from other households. To assist in this, spaces will be marked at 10’ intervals on the lawn. Center your household at one of the pinwheel markers.
- Please bring your own lawn chairs and/or blankets to sit on the lawn to minimize need for set-up, take-down, and cleaning of church chairs. Folding chairs will be available for those who do not bring lawn chairs. Limited seating will be available on the church benches.
- All worshipers over age 2 are expected to wear a mask for the duration of the service. A limited number of masks will be available for those who do not bring their own.
- To maintain social distancing, there will be no movement during worship.
- The Peace will be shared by waving at your neighbors.
- We will not have Communion at these services until we can determine a safe way to do so.
- Because singing together dramatically increases the risk of spreading airborne virus particles, there will be no singing at these services.
- There will be no fellowship time after worship.
- The building will remain closed except for bathroom use.
- Bathrooms will be limited to the single-user restrooms, and no line will form inside the building.
- Anyone who enters the building for any reason will sign in/out in case contact tracing is later needed for a confirmed infection.
- Worshipers who wish to do so may park their cars in the street along the sides of the lawn and worship from inside their cars. If you do not plan to remain in your car, consider leaving those spaces for those who will.
- The entire service will be streamed live on our Facebook page for those who choose not to attend in-person services. The service will be at http://www.facebook.com/TrinityELCATipton .
- Anyone who has experienced a fever, cough, or sore throat in the previous week is asked to worship from home.
- If it is raining half an hour before the service, worship will be livestreamed online only.
Though worship will be different, God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Amen!